Friday 15 November 2013

Of mice and women

Today I went shopping and spent all my energy! It's a shop I haven't been to under my own steam for years because I always think it's too far to walk to for me these days..and yep, can't argue with my estimation! I give thanks that they had just what I imagined they would do though, at the right prices and the right weight to carry (just about!). I give thanks for the helpful and friendly shop staff, and for friendly and helpful Laura for picking me up at the station on the way up here to put another coat of paint on a couple of the bathroom walls. Only two of them are being done at a time as she can't come every day and it's tricky to have nowhere to put anything in a bathroom in between...

I'm grateful for the chilly but clement weather and that the trees are turning at last - it's been odd to have it winter cold when the landscape still looks like summer. I gave thanks I couldn't get a sea side seat on the train so I could give the countryside my full attention...

I'm grateful for a Tesco delivery including some quite non essential things that were tasty and on special offer...and for getting the ones it's essential are kept in the fridge inside it. The rest are strewn about the worktop and I'm grateful it's a bit high up here for mice! I'm grateful for leftovers for my tea (nutty bake and fruity crumble) and that an early night and a long lie in are on their way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics