Saturday 30 November 2013

How much?

Usually if I get a voucher from Tesco saying if I spend £80 I can have £12 off, I think 'How much?' They're having a laugh!' but this time of year it buys the Bailey's so a big thank you to Mr and Mrs Tesco for their early Christmas gift! And to their delivery driver who had to carry so much stuff I had to offer to help him

Still feeling less than good, I gave thanks for a Plan A for today was to say in bed until an hour or so before my delivery...but then the sun came out and scuppered this scheme. I was grateful for a Plan B which was to take the cardboard recycling to the big skip just a little way down the hill as from there it's only a little way to the pretty park and the sparkly sea, and I knew whatever my joints and general stamina might say my head and heart would insist on going that extra couple of hundred yards at least.

The only problem with a plan like this on a day like this is how tiring and painful all the little normal tasks for getting ready can be - putting toothpaste on the brush or garments on your body, washing up a cup or slicing some bread to make toast are all accompanied by grimaces and groans, and punctuated with sitting down for resting in between whilst trying not to snooze. I'm very grateful that, mostly, I manage not to get disheartened or exasperated (as neither state helps at all) and that, mostly, there's no reason to try to rush as slow speed me is actually me rushing anyway!

So in the midst of this process I gave thanks for a message from Laura asking if I'd like to go out with her in the car...but not just yet! And when we eventually did we went here, a favourite spot I was delighted to visit again because even though I couldn't manage more than a short part of the path today the views from any part of it are glorious! Lots of pain but lots of gain for which I'm very grateful...and Plan A for tomorrow is to stay in bed...


1 comment:

  1. Yes what a lovely view.
    Enjoy your Baileys I've just treated myself to the orange truffle one! And your day in bed! Afterall Sunday is a day of rest right?
    Take care Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics