Saturday 23 November 2013

Snap

Heavens, that was a nippy night! Gratitude for all the sparkly stars revealed in those heavens though, and also for the emergency layer of fleecy throw I keep close by the bed for when my body temperature plummets in the black iciness just before dawn...

I'm going to have to go back on my no more yarn pledge because I really need some more now (I do, I do!). Having bought 'just one to play with', thinking I might put it with some other oddments, I have played and now wish to knit myself a whole scarf in its fluffy deliciousness (before I next go outdoors for preference though that might be a tad tricky to pull off!). Look how lovely it is though! I give particular thanks that has to be knitted on the largest needles I have, and loosely on them too, as it makes a muscular antidote to a hat I'm making from a couple of irresistible yarns from other days that are finer and need narrower pins. The hat in progress can be glimpsed in the top right corner behind the scarf in progress so, you'll see, they'll be co-ordinated too. This is not particularly planned...I just seem to have a bit of a thing about burgundy with bits in at the moment and these are not the only yarns I've bought lately that might fit that description...


Today was the first day all week that I haven't had to get up for something so I was very grateful for that weekend feeling this morning with a long lie in and a long hot bath to follow. Also that there's an empty flat upstairs so I didn't have to listen to what other people were doing while I did nothing at all! I've been very sleepy and sore after the busyness of the last few days so I've been rather grateful for little bits of non-essential progress here and there...not only in knitting myself some accessories but also in re-instating the bathroom bits and bobs. It's a slow process as everything that goes back in there has to be not only spick and span but also justify its inclusion and position. It's been more than five years since the room was first decorated so a sort out not excessively before time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics