Monday 25 November 2013

By and buy

Today I gave thanks for my new hat being so comfy and cosy to wear. It's one thing to design things that look OK but if they're for you they have to fit and feel good too, something you can only find out by wearing them for a while. I was grateful for all the praise at the knitting group as well, it's nice to have knitters admire your knitting...

I gave thanks for getting the shopping and other odds and ends done that needed doing while I was in town, plus one cheery cab driver and one who made me appreciate the cheery one even more! Also for pausing by the sea as the tanker lights came on in the twilight, and the little birds squabbled over the best perches in the tree in the triangle with the most leaves still left on it.


Much gratitude for a gallon of tea and two M&S mince pies on my return. I wouldn't normally buy M&S mince pies but I was in there the other day with a voucher I got for testing some urostomy gear and they were on special offer by the till going 'Buy me! Buy me!' and I'm rather grateful that I did!

I give thanks they restored me enough to have another go at a small but scary paint job where the rule 'test in an inconspicuous area' really would apply...if there was an inconspicuous area. Previous attempt was a complete fail and it's too soon to tell how this one will turn out so I can but be grateful for perseverance and optimism at this stage. I'm also grateful I'm optimistic at some point I'll find a bit more energy to get some supper and tidy up one of the rooms with beds in enough to go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics