Thursday 4 June 2015

Counting blessings

It's just a couple days away from four years I've been writing this blog, and I give thanks that it has become a way of life.

Without making gratitude a habit I'm sure I'd find more to grumble about, and revisit the grumbles regularly instead of letting them go. People often tell me it's good to have a moan and groan now and then but I'm grateful I'm increasingly unconvinced. If you are capable of choosing not to why wouldn't you?

Today I woke in a lot of pain and didn't feel grateful at all, but then gradually gave thanks for being blessed with enforced rest as even the non hurting bits felt in need of it. So often I feel unreasonably well considering all that's wrong with me, and it's only reasonable that sometimes I don't...

I give thanks I had little that had to be done, and that up until the time of writing I've been able to do what I had. Some of the tasks seemed impossible beforehand, and some even for a while during (like staying awake in the hairdressers!) but I give thanks for getting my hair washed and trimmed while I drifted and rested my eyes. Fun though it was I give thanks the cinematic action has moved elsewhere in the town and there were no crowds to negotiate to be beside the rich blue of the late afternoon sea.

I give thanks that Laura has offered to cook my tea tonight so I'm off to rest my eyes for a few minutes before it's time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics