Saturday 6 June 2015

Goes to show

I give thanks for getting my third wind last night to enjoy a meal and chat with Laura. We'd arranged to see a performance of a choir that also meets on Monday evenings but whose repertoire I'd decided was less to my taste than the one I joined so grateful to find out I'd been right and songs from the shows, Lennon and McCartney medleys and the like are not what I like. I gave thanks for how much the singers clearly enjoyed their performance and how well they sang, for harmonious company and contributing to a good cause, for seeing inside the recently refurbished Catholic church, a gorgeous evening sky and a set dressing truck sorting out lobster pots, park benches and shrubs...

I give thanks for less pain today. I give thanks for getting better at remaining equanimous but I still prefer it when I just feel better!

I give thanks for managing a little light creativity in between dossing around getting more of that much needed rest! Although the final squeeze of a crimp caused it to completely unmake a necklace I did finish a simple sparkly scrunchie...


I give thanks for stirring a white bra into a pot of beige dye and it turning out a delightful shade of lavender! I've dyed the same kind of bras before and they've come out versions of the colours on the various packets so, as this dye was drastically reduced in a sale, I wondered if perhaps it weren't beige at all and tested a bit of cotton to find out yes, it really was. OK... so I love the colour of the bra but does this mean I need some purple dye to make a skintone one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics