Sunday 21 June 2015

Midsummer grieve

I give thanks for being home alone at peace to be a grumpy cow - no one to snap at or tell me to snap out of it. It's not been very peaceful in the neighbourhood the last twenty four hours or so, so that's something to be grumpy about, but I'm grateful others don't tend to live quite such still and solitary lives as I and have cause to cause annoyance.

I give thanks for unpacking and putting my suitcase away to help me forget I've had a holiday and stop grieving over it ending.

I give thanks for scrambled eggs on crumpets - one of my favourite comfort meals

I give thanks for an episode of Midsomer Murders I've not seen before. Always a bit of jolly escapism into a world of 'perfect imperfection' which is both the motto of a cult featured in this story and the way the seasons suddenly change in different parts of the script!

I give thanks for a long bath and a book...more escapism.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics