Thursday 4 June 2015

Part and parcel

I give thanks for long light nights and the big yellow moon rising behind the trees, sparkling silver on the sea and shining white between the clouds with its mini twin reflection on the double glazing...

I give thanks I haven't a clue what might have caused the pain in my joints and tendons today. As far as I recall I did little yesterday apart from watch tennis and wrap up a few parcels, nothing that would seem to relate to what followed and thus need to be rationed in future....

I give thanks for the money for a cab to the Post Office to post them. It was sad to part with my knitted snake but he was knitted to be parted with and his new home will be a children's hospice where his cuddliness might be particularly welcomed by those for whom teddies and the more usual kind of stuffed toys aren't quite what is required...

I give thanks that between the Post Office and the doctor's surgery I caught sight of the folk who'd been through the big white tent time machine on the green and thus became hooked on vintage movie making watching. If you love a bit of everyday retro it's like a museum come to life and a delightful distraction from aching knees you get standing around to do so!


I give thanks Tesco's samosas are now available for local delivery again. Anyone who's ever done any work here, or been out on a picnic with me will wonder how I've managed these long months without...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics