Tuesday 2 June 2015

Feeling strangely fine

I give thanks for the beautiful weather - the mild air, the winter dark sky against still spring green leaves, the smell of the wet earth and the salt in the wind by the shore, the gorgeous sludgy colours of the sea and the sparkle on it when the sun comes out. I give thanks for forgetting to take my camera out with me so that I could accept what my phone made of the scene and move on...


I give thanks for the filminess of the town - beasts of vehicles in their designated spaces, hi vis security team strolling on the sea front and walky talky laden men (and women) in black trying to look nonchalantly busy as locals with ever longer necks scrutinise their every move.

I give thanks for a making myself an apply pudding last night and managing to save some for today...

I give thanks for going through the painfully slow and non intuitive on line reporting system for overflowing communal recycling skips and bins. I can see why people dispose of their waste irresponsibly...and why they always hope someone else will sort it out when other people don't... I give thanks for only having half a mug of tea left when I knocked it flying trying to get on with other things whilst on hold to Tesco chasing my late order.

I give thanks that Nigel has managed to make my sewing machine stop grinding - even the light bulb works now! I give thanks for receiving two DVDs from Amazon unexpectedly ordered by an online friend after a conversation. That's two gifts I've had this week from people I've never met and it's not even my birthday or Christmas!

I give thanks for feeling strangely fine the last few days - nice nineties album and a state of wellbeing that transcends the pain and weakness I struggle with. Won't last of course...nothing lasts...but I'm feeling strangely fine about that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics