Thursday 11 June 2015

Filling time

After a rough old night with pain I give thanks for a do little and care less day...and that I'm getting better at it!

I give thanks for a little bit of packing little bits of this and that, and a lot of watching recorded TV to make space for more including the rather enjoyable My Week with Marilyn with its topical film set story line and cast so star studded even I knew several of their names, and a moving and informative documentary about hidden homelessness among young people today. This did me a lot of good as I can, having the meanest living situation of almost everyone I know, sometimes suffer from house envy when I visit my friends. I give thanks for remembering how lucky I am to have a mostly cosy and safe place to stay in and that considering some aspects of my own start in life I've not done so bad to catch up with my peers at all.

I'm grateful this telly fest has been caused not only by being limp and sore but by an unusually appealing patch starting in the broadcasting schedules. There'll be several episodes of Breaking Bad to make room for, a couple of Nordic Noir offerings coming up, and a documentary about the history of forensic science investigations - the kind of things that do for me what soaps, talent shows and situation comedy do for others.

I'm grateful for finding things to eat that use up some leftovers without creating too many others, and for yesterday's bargain 'oat cuisine' a box of mixed Nairn's snack packs for 50p - just right for filling odd corners in my suitcase and in my tummy on my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics