Friday 12 June 2015

Taking a break

I give thanks for waking this morning, planning a path of least bodily resistance through the day and thinking 'Oh I must find time to say goodbye to the sea...'. This is quite normal before I go away for a few days and I'm grateful for laughing at myself when I remembered there should be a bit of sea seeing on my trip!


I give thanks I went anyway, and for the gorgeous murky yet glowing light. I give thanks for getting caught in a heavy and prolonged shower - I love being out in summer rain especially when I know I can get warm and dry again soon.

I give thanks that after the usual pre holiday fight with whatever tortuous procedure Amazon digital music currently have in place I have my mojo working and - boom boom - some favourite vintage blues tracks to take with me.

I give thanks that I decided I needed to pause in the last few hours of last minute chores...and start watching The Shipping News. Love the book and the film (again) and it's absorbed a massively relaxing chunk of time which has probably done me far more good than any more bustling around.

Now listen very carefully because I'll probably only get to say this once...I'm heading for places where internet access is both erratic and expensive so my blogging plan is to draft brief posts on what's made me grateful and then upload them when I can which may even not be until I get back! And it'll be no good sending me messages asking where I am and if I'm all right because chances are I won't get them so I won't reply and you'll be none the wiser...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics