Tuesday 16 June 2015

Say cheese!

I'm grateful for a sunny sail into Bergen. It's got the highest rainfall in Norway so this caused amusingly amazed delight in the voice of the tannoy announcer too! I'm grateful for room service breakfast and a picture window cabin. My joints have been quite kind so far but no matter how much I intend to do nothing there's always something more to see so it's nice not to have to dash on deck to see it but get a bit more rest. I'm grateful for getting a free map on our trip yesterday so that I could see where we were steering a course through the islands.

I'm grateful the on liner on line service is back on. I'm grateful it's slow...more sitting down while I summon the energy for a little explore.

I'm grateful I've been for one, seeing a little of Bergen on foot between the teeming hoards of recently disgorged cruise ship passengers, and even managing to take a few shots not of other people photographing things and each other. I'm grateful for eventually...eventually...getting my tastebuds and hands on a cinnamon bun and some of the 'brown cheese' of which I'd heard a little and dreamt a lot. Yes, it's worth a 600 mile sea trek but if anyone knows of a shop that sells it in UK let me know!

I'm grateful for an unexpectedly exceptionally scenic coach tour of sights in and around the city including Grieg's gorgeous house and garden. This part of Norway has just endured the harshest and longest winter for many years - there's a local ski resort still looking for (the remains) of its lift after 16 metres of snowfall - so I hope everyone else was grateful for the first warm sunny day they say they've had this year. That's what you get when the weather goddess is in town and can't be bothered to carry her cagoule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics