Thursday 25 June 2015

Emergence

I give thanks for getting ready to go out in lengthy gentle stages today, as the sun was even less sure if it wanted to emerge from the cloud that kept rolling down the hill than I was from my cocoon of snooziness...

I give thanks eventually it stayed out long enough for me to get my act together and get some prescriptions and other bits and bobs including Earl Grey tea bags, the need for which was becoming almost an emergency! I give thanks the Co-op has started selling their Fair Trade Redbush ones as well so that I don't have to go on any arduous quests to other supermarkets further away.

As I've only been in town very briefly this week, and not at all for the one before, I also gave thanks for a chance to play the great local game of Spot the New Shop...we have one selling handbags, a cafe that also has local ice cream, cookies and jam and there's rumours yet another currently being fitted out will be a Greek deli. I would be very grateful for that since the Turkish one turned into a pizza place!

I give thanks that my knees would only carry me back up from the bus stop very slowly indeed, as the sun was at its warmest and the wind at its weakest there...besides it's a pretty spot to linger!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics