Wednesday 24 June 2015

The good, the bad, and the yummy

Last night I gave thanks for the slight excitement of feeling I was Going Down With Something. I couldn't tell you what - chronic debilitating conditions and life threatening disease are my area of expertise not common colds, coughs, tummy bugs and the like! A handful of times a year I think 'Ooh, I might be getting something people understand and sympathise about!' but I usually wake up next day thwarted and normal for me. This morning I was grateful to wake up still feeling not quite right but not desperately wrong either... It's all good, I'm well behind with Breaking Bad so have been grateful to justify lazing around to catch up with that!

You starve a fever don't you? Well I give thanks I don't have one as there's nothing wrong with my appetite and I've a new Tesco delivery of yummy things to munch! I give thanks for light relief in the former of a silly, funny and sweet film called It's a Wonderful Afterlife. Speaking from experience probably best to avoid settling down to watch it with a curry tho...

I give thanks for feeling better this evening and launching at attack on the kitchen sink. When there's cash to spare I'll happily pay to have the heavier cleaning jobs done but don't like to deny myself the pleasure of getting into the important little places round the taps with a toothbrush. One of my favourite housework jobs ever and the best thing about it is it's even more satisfying if you leave it a while in between...

I give thanks for a simple supper of boiled egg and toast. I'm a special diet which requires just that for a first course... and two helpings of home made trifle for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics