Wednesday 17 June 2015

Buoyant in Flam

Despite being achingly exhausted I give thanks for remaining so...even in the raining bits and the remaining standing still ones as we waited in line for tender and train. And even more so for mostly being next to others of similar frame of mind who agreed the atmospheric.

For finding something genuinely hand made I genuinely wanted to buy. Having changed the princely sum of twenty pounds to boost the local economy directly from my purse to theirs I was puzzled what to spend it on after a traditional cinnamon bun in Bergen and a non traditional but made in Flam gelato, but then I came across wood turned dangly things produced by a son and decoratively painted by a mother that I rather liked and could appreciate and afford...they're billed as Christmas decorations but this one doesn't have to be.

For the utterly jaw dropping scenery on the train ride and the pleasant company. For the waffles with jam and cream at a hotel completely buried underneath snow a couple of months ago. The raspberry jam was some of the nicest I've ever tasted so I was rather pleased to find that was local and being sold there for too, and also affordable with exactly just enough change left over for a couple of pretty postcards.

Having missed ship lunch on our tour, for getting the last seat on the last shuttle boat to comfortably make it back for afternoon tea (yes, a scone with jam and cream...plus added pizza so I don't have to go to fancy pants sit down dinner but can catch a quick nap before watching us leave the fjords and head once more for open sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics