Tuesday 23 June 2015

Everything in the garden

I give thanks to Rachel for bringing me an exquisitely fragranced rose from her patio yesterday...and for an enjoyably leisurely dinner and catch up before a much needed treatment.

I give thanks for the forecasters suggesting warmer and sunnier weather today than actually materialised as, though I intended to go out in it this morning I didn't get going in time. I give thanks to Laura for inviting me round for tea and cake this afternoon...and a gloriously bright patch of blue sky over head so that sunglasses and a little light exposure of skin was required! I give thanks for the gift of springs of her ramblers, alchemilla and lavender so that I now have a particularly sweet smelling and looking vase of flowers.


I give thanks for putting together an evening meal with the help of Mrs Waitrose earlier. I cannot imagine feeling like getting up off the sofa to serve it for the forseeable future...so I'm grateful I don't have to! I'm grateful for having the energy to operate the TV remote control, for a fascinating programme about the history of forensic science and one about present day nomadic Mongolians with their solar panels, supermarkets, mountainside Buddhist shrines and prestige yaks. They seem to produce particularly jolly and feisty women too...always good to encounter traditions where this is the considered right and proper way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics