Friday 11 November 2016

All by myself

Considering how short the days are now they can seem remarkably long...and dark, no matter how sunny! Feeling rather teary and weary last night I gave thanks for the moonlight bright on the sea, for a new pair of delightfully snug fitting earplugs to create a more peaceful space. For forcing myself to get some supper despite lack of inspiration or enthusiasm. I gave thanks I try to find the joy...or I swear sometimes I'd lose it!

I gave thanks for an extra extra blanket to ward off the extra chill, a book to fill one sort of emptiness and an after midnight cookie for another.

I give thanks to Jenny for giving me a lift to town...and while in town, all by myself, collecting my new specs...and then walking to the Co-op to buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk...and then round the corner to the Post Office to collect my mail before she picked me up from near there. If you know where I live you'll know these are not huge distances, but equally if you know how incapacitated I've been you'll know these wobbly totters were one huge step for womankind...and though supermarket shopping is quite high on my list of things I'd really rather not do, I was very very grateful!

I give thanks for thinking it would be nice to do something to celebrate my increasing independence tonight...and if I can think of something I could possibly enjoy all by myself listening to grumpy neighbours stomping about, I guess you'll hear about it tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics