Tuesday 8 November 2016

Wishy washy

I give thanks for Rachel walking in last night and saying 'I can smell coffee!' People usually exclaim at the fragrance of incense but she's been here often enough and has a sensitive enough nose to detect something different in the air. I give thanks for a good treatment lying on my side draped over a long sausage of pillows and cushions - almost like cuddling someone in bed! And for a better night's sleep afterwards...

I give thanks for memories of yesterday's bright interval to see me through a drearier one today - volunteer transport to a particularly unwelcome hospital appointment. Waiting for the car I gave thanks for meeting a man measuring up for a broken window in the communal door I've been politely but persistently requesting be fixed for many months now... and later that autumn trees look good even in cloud, and though the company wasn't nearly so pleasurable at least we managed a mostly amicable mostly silence. 

I give thanks for a unusually friendly and helpful clerk in the office helping me with a puzzle over reimbursement - they're so reticent sometimes you get the impression your fares come out of your wages! I give thanks the vascular access team used the phrase 'if and when' more than once while perusing my difficultly dainty arteries...and that I didn't have to tell them where to go!

After a busy couple of days I give thanks for taking it easy this afternoon, dozing and dreaming and only doing the nicest and/or most necessary things like making pasta with mushrooms and leeks in cream cheese and pasta sauce...and ordering a new heater for my bathroom. Collecting packages and post is still very problematic but so is enjoying a leisurely evening bath in an unheated bathroom this time of year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics