Monday 21 November 2016

Left behind

The last couple of Mondays I've given thanks for the company of a couple of my favourite people, but today (and no offence meant to either of those dear souls!) I've been really rather grateful for being home alone to play with my new toy... Batteries not included, nor required - it's some new software for my laptop, and I give thanks so far to be as engrossing as I hoped it might be given the price! I wanted something to help me mentally leave behind some aspects of my life when physically they can't be escaped, and even just beginning to explore what can be done with it has been so absorbing it's going to be tricky to find some other things to be grateful for...

Hmm...I give thanks for a couple of books, one fiction one non, to occupy me through the teeth grittingly painful stretches of the night...and for things being a little easier today. For managing to do some (allegedly) sciatica relieving exercises...and a little deep muscle massage of the knots in my poor left buttock! 

I give thanks for having some easily prepared food to hand to refuel both body and brain...and for getting the washing up and other most essential chores done. I give thanks for heaters, cosy clothes and throws - on a sunny winter's day my flat retains warmth quite well, but when it's dark and wet and windy my personal thermostat is somewhat challenged. I would like to put it out there that after many years' homes without I'd like my next one to have central heating please...and a wood burner too if that's not too much trouble for the universe or me! I give thanks for not having to go out - the rain and the pain would have been a bit of a challenge too methinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics