Wednesday 9 November 2016

No news is

Not for the first time this year I give thanks I'm so used to dealing with difficult news and dire visions of the future. Everything's going horribly wrong and is bound to end badly? Yes, I know, so people have been telling me for some considerable time...but seeing the reactions on Facebook this morning just made me think of Nat King Cole...or was it Torvill and Dean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXhI0I2iaM

Whatever it is...whether you heard it in packaged paragraphs on TV, or from a grim faced surgeon in some windowless hospital cell, or from the mouth of the lover you thought still wanted your kiss...whether you feel angry or hurt, or fearful or powerless...your thoughts and feelings are the one thing you do have power over, the one thing you can change...if you choose and are ready to do so. I give thanks we all know this really, however much we forget.

Anyway...I give thanks for eating the leftovers saved from last night's tea for last night's thirds...and then polishing off a portion of dessert! For lots of sleep and some enjoyable dreams, and managing to make two people smile across the ether before leaving my cosy bed for my morning cup of tea...

I give thanks for not leaving my cosy bed for much at all today. Best place to be with cold grey showers and what feels like an electrical storm going on in my leg! I give thanks for getting in the bath before the chill of sundown seeped through the flat, and for warming up the bathroom beforehand by means of an oil filled radiator and an extension lead. Health and safety might shake their heads but as long as you take it out before you start chucking water around there's no cause to worry...or so I thought, until concentrating on trying out a knitting stitch on the sofa I became aware of a hissy slightly buzzy noise that seemed to be getting louder. Wondering what domestic disaster was unfolding I made my way to the bathroom but my ear passed the flat door on the way and I realised it was coming from the stairs...and sounded remarkably like a steam cleaner or fancy pants vacuum making its way up the landings and flights. I don't know if this was anything to do with my most recent recorded delivery letter to the management company, or if some other service charge payer had been asking where the services are, or whether it's entirely coincidental after several months of no response at all...but the outcome is that for three consecutive days I've had three separate things I've chosen to grin from ear to ear about and I'm very grateful for that! I don't believe things can only get better, or that everything comes to those who wait...but what goes down does tend to come up again if you hang around a while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics