Friday 25 November 2016

It's not what you do

I give thanks for a disproportionately pleasant afternoon with Mima tracking down an alternative route to a garage the wrong side of the expressway, plus sharing tea and cake in Costa on a retail estate. Sometimes it's not so much what you do but who you do it with... and Costa serve cake that's exceedingly better than a certain well known mass producer, and even many cafes! Sometimes where you do it makes a difference too of course...I give thanks for how pretty it is even sitting by the recycling bins in a carpark near here! I also give thanks for learning how to use the satnav on my phone...there's not a lot of call for that as a pedestrian and, though I keep reminding myself to be grateful how far my sciatica has improved, I can still only walk as far as I can see when I set off - unless it's round a corner that's not very far away!


My tastebuds had been somewhat thwarted in the sweet bakery department yesterday when I thought Colin was bringing me some on his way to Brazil (as you do!) but, as Brazil takes a long time to get ready to go to, provided a selection of other more time appropriate delights instead. I give thanks for all of these...including garlic mushrooms with pecorino cheese cooked for my dinner, a very romantic operatic duet (no, not a euphemism!), and a very early breakfast in bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics