Sunday 27 November 2016

Blind leading the lame

There were a few times yesterday I was grateful how my mobility is improving...and that though it's still not comfortable the pain is manageable. This was before evening when the pain started running riot again. I give thanks for catnapping between its roaring in the night...for the usual solitary distractions and the warmth from my electric blanket to soothe the sore bits a bit...and for eventually getting a handful of hours from early morning.

I give thanks I could see the stunning sunrise I missed because people who didn't posted pictures and videos on line. And for eventually feeling fit enough to get out of bed for the last grand prix of the season.

I give thanks for delicious pea and spinach soup for my lunch. Didn't like the sound of it much to be honest but you should always put a gift soup in your mouth!

I give thanks for tackling my broken kitchen blind before darkness, not least because it cuts out some of the cold. Many trips up the ladder to investigate were required... and down again to reposition said ladder and some large potted palms in the way...and luckily for my poor left leg, a fair amount of cogitation in between, as I could see the unfixed side could be easily fixed if the whole thing were taken down but no amount of cogitation could come up with a way to do that (and put it back!) on my own. I give thanks for my good friends resilience and resourcefulness... and in advance for my memory si I don't forget to treat it gently now I've cobbled a mend together... and to ask someone capable to do it better next time someone capable is here and amenable to amelioration...

I give thanks that after restoring order, hobbling through the cooking and washing up and preparation for tomorrow, I was able to join my apparently slumbering neighbours and catch up with a few zzzzs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics