Tuesday 15 November 2016

A musement

I give thanks for Daryl's fish pie, and for Rachel's acupuncture, and for the exquisite camera work of Planet Earth II...I could so feel for those flamingos waking up stuck in the ice, and the bears shimmying their itches up against trees.

For falling asleep quickly and then waking up and mulling and musing away a couple of hours of discomfort...reflecting how the 'year of living differently' that seemed to be drifting into living deterioratingly, still seems to have some new experiences to savour.

For something in the whiteness of clouds and winter blueness of the sky this morning reminding me of the air above mountains. For managing to quash and squash my wanderlust which always tugs hardest when I see that through bare branches, and when even the bus stop is too far to go is almost too much to bear. I give thanks for doing some sciatica stretches instead.

For more musing and mulling and finally realising still having my earplugs was adding to the dreamy detachment as much as the usual culprits, taking them out and hearing the phone ring straight away. For the glorious weather meaning I could head off up the road in dressing gown and socks to stop the pharmacy delivery driver leaving the package outside the wrong house, and suffering only mild embarrassment not hypothermia in the process! For finding a courier package on my own doormat again too. Who knows if it's fairies or fair play from neighbours but I'm very grateful anyway...as I am to those thoughtful traders on eBay who keep sending me their second hand clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics