Saturday 26 November 2016

Easy like Sunday

I give thanks for an unusual level of peacefulness in the adjacent horizontal and vertical rooms so I could sleep on the sofa last night. The thing about my sofa is that it's actually a bed and, though the mattress is well past the current suggested best before date, it's still the comfiest place I know to stretch out! It's also handy for the kitchen, but most particularly welcome on this occasion as I'd run out of steam preparing my bedroom bed for winter and gave thanks for having a ready made alternative available.

I give thanks for lounging (literally) for a late lie in with donated sweet grapefruit and colour supplement, quite understandably convinced it was Sunday morning after Thursday night having such a Friday night feel, and Friday's companionable pottering about being what I'd more usually do on a Saturday.

I give thanks for eventually subduing various chores including a pile of washing up and a grovel under the bed with extension leads to plug my electric blanket in. For not getting too ratty when I had to abandon activities to let the pain subside. For not getting too disheartened having to listen to other people get ratty when a nap would have been more pleasing...  For lying down with a fascinating book on domestic history instead which has to be read flat as it's too heavy to hold! For finding a portion of homemade apple crumble in the freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics