Sunday 13 November 2016

Quiet warm

Oh my, how wonderful was that? A whole evening quiet enough to enjoy a film...and a night quiet enough to sleep without earplugs! Well, I say sleep, but I was much too sore to do that for a while...But I could listen to the owls, and finish a very enjoyable novel, set as novelly in North Devon so that characters kept popping off to Instow, Clovelly or Bideford which doesn't happen a lot in fiction I find. And I could reflect on how much better I'm beginning to feel, and that the pain relates to doing more active pursuits than just making a cup of tea or cleaning my teeth. Lots and lots of gratitude there...

I give thanks for trying to stay in bed today, as I know rest is still needed, but I get so bored and even if I try not to think about the things I'd love to do and can't possibly, there are so many others that I probably could with a bit of effort so it's a question of weighing up the potential effort for the potential reward (and potential painful punishment after!)

I've got one of those multi pocket hangers that went on the back of the front door last winter to hold hats and gloves and so on, and the hanger and hats and gloves have been living on the living room floor for days so I thought maybe that would be a place to start... There's a set of hooks that go over the top of the door, but they don't match the holes on the hanging pockets so opening the door and taking the hooks down to see if I can repeat last year's attachment with string seemed a good way to start the starting... And I'm so grateful I did as I realised why I kept thinking I was hearing people tap on my door as they go by - a parcel had appeared on my mat and it was my new bathroom heater!
I'd been trying to work out if it would be likely to have arrived at the Post Office tomorrow and whether it would be feasible to pick it up after I'd been to the dentist if so...and how to get it home after that. So one mental and physical conundrum saved and solved and much more gratitude for that...

And I give thanks for remembering what I forgot to give thanks for yesterday - discovering Mima was giving Trish some broken crockery today to make a mosaic with. I've been collecting some for a while for the same purpose, and though I hope I do try it one day, realistically it's not going to be just yet, and meanwhile someone else could be using it instead of it cluttering up a place I'm trying to keep in a state of maybe one day I'll move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics