Sunday 20 November 2016

Thrilling minutes

I give thanks I chose 'series record' for the tennis so I could carry on watching yesterday afternoon's protracted but engrossing match when it crossed channels before the end. Oh, I do love a good shout at the TV... and I'm so grateful I managed to avoid seeing the final score as there's no point in shouting if you know what's going to happen next!

I give thanks for more cheap(er) frills from eBay...and that I can do ironing again as long as I don't have to stand up to do it! I give thanks I can buy clothes I like at prices I can afford without having to trawl charity shops or slave labour stores where they play music to slash your wrists to ...with internet shopping you can listen to music to have played to you when you're in a coma instead! Oh, I do love I can still dance as long as I don't have to stand up to do it!

I give thanks for some sleep and a selection of free thrilling dream sequences including...(ha ha, no I'm not going to share that one on here!)... including one where I went into the kitchen this morning and discovered what sounded like almighty thunder last night was actually a mighty chunk of the terrace wall collapsing and that much of the building was now architecturally al fresco but in a non-threatening dreamlike way.

I give thanks for cinnamon toast with honey and Earl Grey tea for breakfast in bed, hearing a ship's horn and being able to look on line and see which one was leaving port... And then being able to watch through binoculars (and less leaved trees) as it glided out through the channel. I give thanks for my ability to find and feel afresh the little possibilities for joy even on days like today when the hurting is mostly merciless and immobilising and I have to resort to lying on the sofa with Columbo...

Not having enough good stuff to do with my body is something I just have to grin or grimace and bear, but not having enough good stuff to do with my brain is the real happiness assassin. Cunning craft design, blog composing and conquering the complicated logistics of running a broken life still leave a lot of mental capacity hanging around synaptic clefts looking for trouble to get my head into. So I give thanks for an idea returning to me yesterday that I first had almost thirty years ago but had to shelve until the internet, domestic computing (and my access to it!) had evolved enough to try to use. I'm not saying more just now... It's just at a researching, discovery and maybe development stage, learning some new skills and relearning some old ones along the way, but I give thanks that's still giving me some enjoyable unenergetic things to for now and maybe some enjoyable things to think about doing in the future...because I do love that too whatever position I'm in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics