Wednesday 2 November 2016

Sleeping duties

I give thanks for a nap between blogging last night and tea. It felt as if I could do with at least half a dozen more, so after eating I abandoned a recorded film, a virtual conversation, a tank of hot water waiting for my bath and a bowlful of washing up I was half way through and played a trick on my body. I'd twigged I was beginning to dread going to bed to lie awake suffering, so I went and had a series of fully dressed naps instead - at least half a dozen, adding up to round about nine hours sleep, which even in pieces is a healthily restorative chunk to have!

I give thanks for scheduling domestic duties for today so I had to do little more than the chores I abandoned last night, prepare for a small excursion...and recover from the vast fatigue that followed it. I give thanks to Julie assisting me in not only going to the Post Office to pick up mail, but accompanying me in walking from there to a nearby cafe, where I walked from our table to the counter to order, and later to the loo and back, and then down the street a little and round the corner to another shop to make a purchase...after which I had to hug a lampost and park my bum on a seat outside Subway until she picked me up in the car again! I limp, and was so limp on my return that after she'd gone beyond the call of duty to carry my bags upstairs, and then go down them and back for a pharmacy delivery that arrived just after we had at the top, that I've had two more naps since. But hey, I'm very grateful for such signs of genuine progress.

I give thanks for a new pair of gorgeous black boots from Office I can currently only wear sitting down as though you and I and everyone else would describe them as flat, those tender places in my left leg can detect a tiny incline at the heel. And a fabulous rather retro second hand magenta wool mix coat that I could wear any time, any place, any where this winter that anyone could be persuaded to take me. Growing up ginger I was led to believe I couldn't wear pink. I give thanks I'm growing grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics