Friday 18 November 2016

Stay in the distance

'Lethargy?' asks the renal doctor running through the list of symptoms I'm supposed to say yes to so they can tell me how ill I am. Lethargy? Oh, I wish! Maybe if I could manage more of that I wouldn't lie awake at night racked with pain, maybe when doing things hurts during the day I'd capitulate instead of wanting to conquer, and just sit contendedly still. Maybe I wouldn't get so frustrated and bored and mardy and cross... But no, I don't wish it really, I'm grateful for my steadfast resistance to in the box or towards the box medical thinking. And I give thanks when the young man popped next door to check with his boss the treatment plan I proposed was OK with her, she sent the message back she'd clocked me looking very well in the waiting room...

I give thanks for my post blood test feast of forbidden fruit (and veg!), for the excellent Inspector Borowski secreted in the recesses of Channel 4's Walter Presents - dark, but also very humorous. Managed to stay still for quite a bit of that, apart from knitting and typing, and getting up for cuppas and snacks. I give thanks to Jan and Liz for virtual chat to keep me company, and to Colin for suggesting something to think of on my own...in case I hadn't thought of it myself!

I give thanks for confirming I can still hear drums, a couple of times when there's been heavy morning rain pattering closer by I've thought I could detect the rhythm but they sound more...distant?...than they did before.  Better soundproofing perhaps...


I give thanks for watching the shafts of rain joining the clouds and sea, and randomly coming across a good tennis match. The ATP finals coverage on free-to-view TV has been rather erratic, and my signal was erratic this afternoon too but I managed to retune and tune out the neighbourly rumbles and get a little more non lethargic rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics