Saturday 12 November 2016

Row the boat

I give thanks at last last night's tantrums passed and I was able to stop having a quiet one of my own snivelling into my pasta and wishing my life away. I know there are worse things than having to listen to people shouting at each other, and I give thanks I know I'm lucky I have a ceiling over my head (for one thing it means the leaky roof is further from me!) but it makes me very sad and stressed all the same.

I give thanks for tucking my earplugs in tight and reading an enjoyable book as slowly as I could to make it last as long as it could. For taking them out after the pre-dawn squall of squabbles woke me to listen to the pouring rain. For it being warm enough to have my bedroom window open.

I give thanks for reading there's a new film out I want to see. Doesn't happen often, and I get to see them on the big screen even less so, but I like reading a review and thinking I'd like to...makes me feel less cut off from normal life.

I give thanks to Colin for distracting me from my troubles a bit, and to Mima for extracting me during the start of round three. For tea and teacakes at a sea view cafe watching a ship come in and sunset tint the sky and sea. I was pretty sore and stiff after yesterday and walking again was very painful, but she tried to drop me and pick me up as close as she could with the road closed for tomorrow's ceremony. I give thanks that due to not listening properly I waited at the wrong spot for a lift back for a few minutes, but if not for the mix up we'd have missed the hazy almost full moon shining through a bank of pink clouds above a bank of grey.

I give thanks for someone who wasn't making the noise apologising for the someone who was, which made me feel rather better about it as it's nice to know that people do think of how things affect me...He also suggested tonight might be quiet, and though I don't know and didn't like to ask why that might be the case, I shall attempt to watch a film from five years ago recorded on TV, which is how I usually get to see them, and which if I got to hear it too would be a bit of a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics