Wednesday 23 November 2016

Tales from the cryptic

I give thanks for an extra blanket and an extra couple of biscuits to help me drop off to sleep eventually. Can't do a lot more than I'm doing already about the pain but increasing other comfort levels does encourage relaxation. Reinstalling my winter quilt and electric blanket (and maybe a bedroom biscuit tin?) are on the agenda of course, but though I'm not short on energy and enthusiasm I have to work between the bouts of hurting and setting the hurting off again. Guess I should be grateful for sciatica giving me lots of practice at improving my ability to pace myself eh?

I give thanks for almost drifting off into a delicious catch up nap this afternoon before a tantrum breaking out on my doorstep. I give thanks it wasn't aimed at me and none of the clinking bottles got broken this time. For kind of returning the favour by accidentally laughing very loudly at QIXL...

I give thanks for shafts of hazy late light repainting the houses opposite pale gold... For the bright black and white of magpies against the remaining autumn foliage...

I give thanks for surviving an attack of the Epson DX4400 demons... and that Laura has one too so that I know they're not my own personal demons!

I give thanks for exchanging cryptic clues but not cross words with Colin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics