Monday 7 November 2016

Scene there

I give thanks for a good catch up chat with Laura, I'm not a great fan of talking on the phone but once in a while with the right person in the right frame of mind... And I give thanks for finding out she was quite pleased I'd not accepted her offer of a trip out somewhere as she ended up waiting in all afternoon for a plumber! I give thanks for finding some bits for supper and wondering what chance there might be for finding something worth watching on TV just as the new David Attenborough series was starting. I thought it was a trailer at first so was pleased it was not, and that even though I don't get a strong enough Freeview signal for HD the picture quality was so good it was like having my outdoor starved eye balls massaged with scenery. I also realised compared to baby iguana and adult penguin my life is not so hard.

I give thanks for going to bed feeling mellow and relaxed and thus quite unprepared for the ensuing hours of excruciating pain. For my great inventiveness in coming up with new arrangements of limbs and pillows to support them, as each time I did there was a fleeting relieving...and for eventually falling into some snatches of sleep.


I give thanks for a trip out to take tea under a tree on a blanket in surprisingly warm sunshine, a drive down my favourite lane, at its most breathtakingly beautiful this time of year, and a shared tub of ice cream to sustain us for the journey home. Eyeballs and other parts not lately delighted being much pleasured along the way...thank you Mr C! Sorry...Dr C I should say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics