Tuesday 1 November 2016

Karma housefly

I give thanks for the mild and hazy autumn sunshine. For helping a few frantic imprisoned flies outside to enjoy it. Well they say what goes around don't they?

I give thanks I'm feeling recovered enough to hate being kept from the great outdoors myself...and I give thanks I still harbour a vague belief I may recover enough for the pleasure of being there to outweigh the pain of getting there before I lose the plot entirely.

I give thanks to Rachel for turning my mattress in hopes that might alleviate some of the ghastly night time pain, and that though it didn't, the non-painful places were far more comfortable anyway. I give thanks for being awake enough to have grabbed a cuppa and the landline phone far earlier than seemed suitable after so little sleep...but just before a call from someone on the doorstep with medical supplies. For a big gap between this and going downstairs to let a cheery Tesco driver in with more groceries.

I give thanks for moving around inside the flat with increasing ease...and for increasingly lengthy periods of time. For never being too far from a chair or a bed or a sofa and for knowing sometimes I still have to stay still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics