Wednesday 28 December 2016

A woman's needs are many fold

...as Benny Hill would sing, but as the Aquarian horoscope suggested we should spice up our relationships inventively today I sure as heck wasn't going to marry Ted! I give thanks for going to visit my first love instead, who started jumping up and down and waving when I drew near, presumably with enthusiasm (or a stiff breeze) and certainly made me smile!


OK, enough of that... I give thanks though the pain kept me awake for a large chunk of the night I was still able to wake up again to see the stunning dawn. No pics to share this time but I do give thanks for being sent one...

I give thanks for devising a cunning plan to get to the seafront and the Post Office with minimal walking and taxi fares, because there's only so much resting I can do and all pain is more endurable when you're doing something you like. For the glorious sunshine and a takeaway tea. For the exhilaration of simply being outdoors...the colours and shapes and textures, the smells and sounds...the light!

I give thanks for more little gas cylinders waiting to be collected so I can keep cosy during long luxuriating baths. For the member of counter staff searching twice for my delayed parcel of gifts...and as it still remains elusive, for switching on the fairy lights in the houseplants and eating too much boozy trifle when I got home anyway, in honour of Christmas passed me by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics