Monday 12 December 2016

Best medicine

I give thanks for finding a deal online on a new TV box, as realistically I'm not going to be able to get to a shop and buy one nor, at this time of year, get someone else to facilitate the procedure. Probably not the best time of year to expect it on the expected delivery day either, but I don't particularly need one for the seasonal schedule... Just as long as it comes in time to catch up on a few things I (thought I'd) saved. I give thanks I haven't missed the facility much so far... the first night without I had a tantrum, the second one a visitor and the third one a succession of catch up naps instead. I give thanks for catch up via various internet enabled devices of course, and that my increasingly disabled tablet will still let me do this... Also for seeing the funny side when what it refused to do at any workable pace was let me browse for a new one!

I give thanks for finally accepting I need some help with the sciatica and calling for a telcon from the surgery here. Do you want to speak anyone in particular? They asked, and freshly agonised from a trip to the kitchen I just gasped 'Anyone!'... so I was delighted when the one I got was the bestest most alternative, aware and holistic GP I've ever met who wished she could prescribe acupuncture (in which she's trained) but passed on the points she would have loved to try on me as well as phone number for local physios. It threw me a bit when they offered me an appointment for this afternoon,  so I'm grateful I got my act together and could get cabs to the local hospital and back...meeting a now retired favourite cab driver in the process.

I give for a gentle but thorough investigation of what causes most pain and how... And for being given far more gentle exercises than I've been doing so far. I think I give thanks I've been instructed not to push myself so hard too. Though the logistics of my life mean a lot of pushing, pulling, lifting and shifting and limping along, I don't need to give myself such a hard time if I don't always do as much as I can but remember it's OK to stop at what needs to be done.

I give thanks for a combination of my very inaccurate touch screen skills and SwiftKey's great eagerness to predict what it think I might mean resulting in such a hilariously irrelevant insertion in a message I'm still guffawing about it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics