Friday 30 December 2016

Nobody does it better

No, it's not that the lyric titles were getting too obscure, it's just that that song always comes into my head when I give the kitchen sink a proper job clean...because actually nobody does!

I give thanks waking up feeling very well and full of energy...not cured of sciatica unfortunately but the rest of me in fine, if rather purposeless, fettle as I still had to take it easy due to that. I give thanks for observing the ebb and flow of fortunes in the battle between the warmth of the rays of sunlight and banks of dense chill cloud...and, though it might sound strange, also that the fog finally won so that bright blue sky wasn't shouting through my windows 'NernernerNERner! You can't go ou-out!' I can admire the beautiful effects of the fog on the views without longing to be out in it...


I give thanks for cleaning and sorting more than the sink, finding work to do that worked my arms more than my legs and back.  For when I finally became an immovable object again for a BBC drama about the Brontes I could enjoy in chunks in between listening to the people nearby doing various things that precluded even headphones muffling the sounds. I give thanks for remembering they're only trying to get through the day as best as they can, which is all any of us can do...and for my licence fee being spent so wisely!

I give thanks by good couriership and neighbourliness I have my new book about the consciousness of fish...plus being able to pay it forward by delivering some mail I spotted in the wrong part of the building when I went down to take the rubbish out. And talking of paying, the new edition I'd left in my Amazon basket had gone up by three pounds since I first placed it there so I'm grateful I found a secondhand one a little cheaper! I give thanks for bathwater heating up for me to wallow in and assess if it lives up to its hype. I have other things to read but I've a cupboard full of food and I still want to taste what takes my fancy at the time...and anyway a woman needs a book on fish brains like a man needs a... er, no, that's not going to work is it? I give thanks tomorrow is another day, and the day after that is another year (allegedly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics