Wednesday 21 December 2016

Giving and learning

Did you ever learn something you'd believed for a long while was actually quite untrue, and nobody knew but you the misapprehension you'd been under? I give thanks for the second bit anyway! I mean I don't mind people thinking I've been foolish but for now I'd rather be getting on with rearranging my perspective, and retrospective, than dealing with ridicule as well. I've actually had this happen two separate occasions over the last few days, coming up with the information while looking for clarification of something else, and though I admit my previous interpretations of reality were hitherto the preferable option, I give thanks for the unexpected opportunities for learning and living on...without anyone knowing quite how daft I've been!

I give thanks for wonderful wish fulfilment dreams, really great escapes but touching base with this reality so that at one point in one I thought 'Hey, everything turned out all right...and my leg isn't hurting either!' Sometimes waking up after that kind of thing makes me sad but this time I was grateful for the illusion giving me happy chemicals coursing through my body.

I give thanks for resting my back as much as possible today.  It's never as easy as it seems it might be...even just trying to sit or lie down between the more strenuous manoeuvres. Something is always in another room - the kettle, the cup, the loo, the right writing or typing instrument, the right pair of glasses! I've been trying to ration knitting so my hands don't get too sore, and read books v-e-r-y slowly so I don't run out of ones I want to read before I get can get my hands on more. I give thanks for coming across a Big Issue review of something that appealed and, as it's not at the library, getting over the shock when my search turned up the hardback price on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Fish-Knows-Underwater-Cousins/dp/0374288216

Phew...it's available in paperback too! Now I have to learn to get over my reluctance to buy myself a book that's more than the equivalent of 1p plus p&p!


I give thanks for my cards - both card and pixel ones. And look...a little present! What do you reckon, should I put the Christmas tree up after all? Haha, seeing as it's the thought that counts I think I'll give myself the gift of giving up on that...it fits very comfortably in the palm of my hand...and I've been warned not to set too much store by what it contains...

I give thanks for Mr Tesco bringing me lots of food and even some drink! Now I must try to consume as much as I can with the minimal appetite that comes from minimal exercise. I could really do with putting on a bit of weight over the next few weeks. And though I'm not proud of such an unseemly emotion, I must admit I'm giving some smug thanks that just for once I've written something on here and people have thought 'Ooh, lucky you!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics