Monday 26 December 2016

Gotta have faith

I give thanks for another mild morning, windows wide open to feel the air on my skin, dry my tears of frustration that I can't be outside...and my tears of frustration that all I can do about my lack of independent mobility is cry. I give thanks for trying really hard not to lose the plot...and to remember why it is I'm not supposed to. I give thanks for paper tissues...imagine how much worse it would be if I had to keep washing snot off my sleeves and hankies! For 'watching' the Boxing Day walk into the still calm sea in two second clips on the beach webcam and remembering what a lovely atmosphere there is down there.

I give thanks that after resting as much as I could yesterday moving was a lot easier for the first part of today, and I was able to get to the kitchen and back a few times before I started wishing I could stop.

Though I'm not feeling sociable I'm grateful for the folk who pop virtually by to say 'Hi' now and then...with special thanks to Rachel for a lovely loving text message and to Colin for patiently putting up with my internet wittering. I give thanks for finally feeling good humoured enough this evening to open my two little waiting gifts and to Rachel and Laura for gifting them.

I give thanks for getting up and dressed. When you're largely horizontal and unseen, and clothing yourself is one more set of movements that might cause pain, it can be tempting not to but (long term medical conditions not withstanding) my main problems at the moment are sciatica and sadness and no matter how invalid I might feel there's no need to act like an invalid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics