Wednesday 14 December 2016

Stationary agent

I give thanks for remembering I have DVDs, some unwatched or not seen for years... and, even more importantly in my current state, that the player is hooked up to the TV so no moving heavy objects or grovelling around on my knees is required,  though my fingers are out of practice with the buttons on the remote control! I give thanks for choosing the Station Agent last night, to Jenny for passing on a copy she found in a charity shop a while back, and for the memory of the first time I saw it which was by accident as there were no seats left at the Picture House for the one we originally chose...  but which I can't remember! 

Anyway, its gentleness was just right for eating tea, doing nothing at all and doing a little ironing (also gently, sitting down and trying to move my hips as prescribed to unlock some of the knotted muscles around the inflamed nerve) while providing a buffer for unchosen neighbourhood sounds.

I give thanks for having enough of a snuffle to say I have a bit of a cold! This is so rare I'm almost expecting a call from the local press... and certainly, if it gets any worse,  that sympathy and commiseration will be heaped upon me in the way I've seen it expressed to others during my barren years of far less fascinating ailments. In the meantime I'm grateful for it making me a little more amenable to physical inactivity...and that I could develop a taste for that if it means less pain! Life really is much nicer when it doesn't hurt so much isn't it?

I give thanks for the glorious sunshine this morning, and that I had an appointment in town on the seafront, and was able to do a few other useful bits and bobs in the usefully seat scattered area and the mild breeze before murkiness descended. For an afternoon working on my new non-craft project, nibbling lush take away snacks from the deli and lounging on my bed. For my guilty pleasure - an episode of the Coroner where they were up on lots of favourite moorland spots. Oh and for reading a new season of Fargo really is on its way...with Ewan MacGregor in!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics