Thursday 15 December 2016

System failure

Last night I gave thanks for silent neighbours and mild temperatures so I could leave the window open and my earplugs out to listen the wind and the waves and the owls! For getting a reasonable amount of sleep considering the amount of bodily malfunction going on...and for the trusting way I got up early to wait for the delivery driver to follow instructions and call when he was outside. Oh well...I give thanks for the chance to put my fine brain to use working out the logistics of getting to the place my new TV box is with minimum walking, carrying and taxi fares.

I give thanks I don't have anyone expecting any particular festiveness from me particularly the provision of festive food (most of which I'm not supposed to eat anyway) but there are still things I'd like to get done over the next few days like stocking up on everyday stuff I like to eat and drink (not all of which is available from Tesco) and getting to the Post Offices to send things (and hopefully pick a couple up!)...and at the moment it's all a tremendous pain in the wallet and bum! I give thanks I'm good at rising to challenges...and at picking myself up and dusting myself down when I feel I'm falling and fail...

I give thanks today I've been trying to stick to catching up with tasks that can be done sitting or even lying down, within reach of Ricola and tissue box. And I give thanks for the times when I've really believed I was getting somewhere with this and that before the cosmos gave an evil chuckle and revealed that I was not! I give thanks for understanding it's just an ego illusion thinking I have any purpose... or that it matters whether I achieve it or not... or who's fault it is when I don't. But still sometimes, sometimes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics