Saturday 31 December 2016

Something inside

I give thanks for managing yesterday evening. Managing what? Just an evening in my life right now, rich with opportunities for testing my strength of character through various combinations of situations and circumstances that don't belong in a gratitude blog. I give thanks you don't know what it's like.

I give thanks for lots of dreams to entertain me during snatches of sleep and to think about waiting for the next one. For the first warming sip of that morning cup of tea. For accepting I was in way too much pain to even think about going out today... and that I really had to anyway.

I give thanks my special delivery meds had arrived at the chemist, and that that chemist is next to the Post Office so I could see if my mislaid Special Delivery parcel had been found...and it had! I give thanks for little wrapped up packages inside that I'm going to keep for a time when I feel a bit more capable of giving them the attention they deserve.

I give thanks a new little convenience store has opened next door to the Post Office so I could pick up a few groceries as well, though this did mean there was almost too much to carry to manage to haul myself back up the stairs. More character building eh? No wonder it's so hard to move around sometimes...my character's an enormous thing to manoeuvre these days. Well the public face of it anyway...

I give thanks for being home again and being able to let the mask wash away with tears. I feel such a wuss crying about pain but it's so relentless and makes everything so hard it's bringing me to my emotional knees now as well as my physical ones. I give thanks there's only me to care about it, no one else to suffer seeing me struggling.


I give thanks for still trying to notice the beauty around me. For the strip of coloured sky that stayed on the horizon most of the day, reflected on the sea and able to be appreciated from my bed. Always a bonus eh?

I give thanks for everyone who has taken the time to read my words, and apologise for not being very uplifting or witty of late. For those of you who've sent me kind ones.  May you all have some joy in your hearts at the turning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics