Wednesday 7 December 2016

Replay replay

I was grateful for less pain last night, though my body is so used to being kept awake by it, it kept me awake anyway and I gave thanks for rereading a favourite book I first found some twenty five years ago and stayed up all night to read the first time. I've probably mentioned it here before but it's good enough to mention again - Replay by Ken Grimwood.

I give thanks for taking my earplugs out before I finally settled down so the neighbours could wake me in time to get ready for Jenny to come and do some vacuuming and window cleaning...and that I can now walk around without having to wash my socks!

Today I've been sorely tried by soreness and tiredness, so have been grateful for my valiance, and resilience and resourcefulness...I'd rather have that than be well and a twat! Actually I've been feeling quite well so I give thanks for that too, and that the Universe as well as my friends, has been largely (well it is a bit!) accommodating and helpful.

I give thanks for an enjoyable couple of hours with Mima and her furry familiar, for Facebook reminding me of some amusement in a long gone day, and for Colin saying something so amusing in a message I laughed out loud in a shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics