Tuesday 13 December 2016

Fanning the flames

I gave thanks for the arcs of pigeons passing my window on their morning whirl, but the promise of point activated pain relief hadn't materialised and I felt particularly sore from the positions the physio had put me in and rather sorry for myself that I'm in the position of having to do even less than the little I've been doing lately... And then I looked up from my pillow and saw how pretty the sky had become, and was very grateful for that! And in retrospect, realised how grateful I also was I could share it in a way...

Earlier this year I'd kind of promised myself I'd be out of here by now, so I was grateful for a call from the estate agent just as I was mulling over that. Although keen for a sale, she's also a kindly soul so it was nice to be able to share my feelings about my protracted stuckness a little in real time.

More recently I'd been reasonably sure I'd be fit enough to get down the hill and back on foot one of those long solitary seasonal days to come. So...hmm... I've been grateful I've been trying to be philosophical about that? I give thanks I'm managing practical at least, having finally grasped that those anti-inflammatories I can't have don't just help the pain but reduce the inflammation, and carrying on when my body is screaming stop because I don't want to be a wimp isn't helping at all...whereas curling up foetal style might seem feeble but might help me get strong.

It does make getting the shopping and so on harder though, and I'm even more grateful for Tesco deliveries for the bulk of the stuff. Today I looked out of the kitchen window during the time slot, and seeing his van arrive decided to walk down not wait for his call. He was standing outside the door when I got there, very pleased to see me as his phone had just died and he couldn't have called anyway! I'm grateful he was the kind of chap who could appreciate the cosmic rightness of the situation...

I give thanks for Rachel's helpfulness last night, including offering to take a heater to a charity shop and then, even better, deciding she could probably use it herself. She also demolished the rickety fake fireplace that used to go round it, bless her, and I'm grateful after much horizontal planning I was able to come up with an easy manoeuvre to store the bits until I can get to the tip with them. Before lying down of course... I give thanks for sending for one of the other kinds of tablets to see if that will help me do it more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics