Tuesday 20 December 2016

Word search

I give thanks for someone to share a meal with...especially the warm mince pies and brandy butter! For having someone to really talk to in this rather silent season. For acupuncture to work on my day weary sciatica, and discussing discoveries about our night time fears. Well, they're anytime fears really but you can conjure them up so much more vividly in the dark! I guess what we're both learning is that we really are doing the conjuring ourselves.. No matter what triggers there are in what other people say and do/have said and done/have not said and done (or we imagine might say and do if we don't keep trying really hard to get it right!) the chest clench dread and chill of panic is coming from ourselves, from when we first learnt how unsafe the world can suddenly seem. This might not sound a very festive topic but if you know what it's like you'll get how good it is to get that far in understanding... and if not, well I give thanks for your good fortune!

I give thanks for at last persuading my new tablet to take a charge so I could slip into a warm bath and let go of trying to be in...

I give thanks when yesterday managed to squeeze in one more challenge before midnight it was before I fell asleep so it didn't have to wake me up to rise to it, and the room was still warm enough for naked rearrangements. And that when the pain AND the fear woke me later I had a choice of what to get distressed about... as well as whether to get distressed!

Dunno what else to say really. As far as possible today's been about trying not to move or think...or mind. I give thanks for giving it my best shot...what else can a girl do, eh? I give thanks for admiring the sea and the sky. For getting my new tablet to work, signing into various things...and then laughing at myself when I turned on my phone, hearing all the message alerts and forgetting for a moment they were just alerting me to the fact I'd logged in elsewhere.

I give thanks most of my readers are probably finding life rather more joyful than I am just now...I sincerely hope so anyway! And I give thanks for you stopping by in this busy time...Busy in the kitchen, maybe? Have fun!

http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/Busy_in_the_kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics