Friday 2 December 2016

Sugar and spice

I give thanks for a pretty good sleep - again! For the dawn colours in the sky visible from my pillow with a twitch of the curtain...and thus sometimes for my rather small bedroom too! For another quiet day - no shouting and stamping and banging of doors, or even just excessively audible normal living for several sweetly pleasing hours.

For feeling up to more physical sorting out of the encroaching entropy about the place, and coming across a rich seam of warm scarves I thought I'd have to mine much deeper for in the cupboard under the stairs... For the food I made yesterday evening for today being edible despite some spicy distractions during the seasoning process so that it wasn't really anything you'd call curry but had a faintly warming aftertaste. For embarking on this evening's culinary experiment - a boiled fruit cake, the like of which I haven't made since I was told to cut out most fruit. It's somewhat improvisational (as most of my cooking is) so we'll have to wait and see what it actually tastes like.. but in the meantime I'm grateful for being willing and able to wield ingredients and equipment just for fun.

For some work on the computer for the sitting downy bits...life admin and learning new tricks with my new software. For Missing and Modus...the beeb do offer some damn good drama sometimes! For finding this article that rather worryingly reveals how far we haven't come...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38170324

For a delivery I thought I shouldn't have had but was actually quite grateful to receive... For an offer I've had for a rather alternative pre-Christmas outing. It's certainly not something I'd have picked myself but there's still a few weeks of the year of living differently so just keep bringing it on Universe I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics