Friday 9 December 2016

Power cycle

I give thanks for falling asleep early last night. For not too much waking up before waking up early enough to hear the owls calling before the sun had risen, and to see the gold tinged clouds in when it did.

I've been a bit of a scrubber this afternoon - wriggling around on the kitchen floor trying to find the least uncomfortable position in which to vigorously rub a thing that needs scrubbing, of course! By 'eck it's been a hard pain befalling me today so I've been grateful for lots of motivation to mobilise about the place and get on with stuff in bearable bouts of activity, putting the full length of my sciatic nerve through its paces, bending over the bath to wash my hair, going up the ladder to hunt a paint brush, lifting and carrying and changing the bed...

I give thanks for sitting at my laptop in between for some mental exercise, resurrecting old skills and working at my new ones...and when even that has been too excruciating lying down with Roget - still my favourite chap where a thesaurus is concerned!

I give thanks for more grovelling on the floor to womanfully and optimistically wrestle my TV box (which has been even more broken than me today) through a variety of different unsuccessful power cycles and resets. I give thanks for holding back the tears as long as I could before just letting them go partly because, despite all the distractions and doggedly carrying on, I hold a lot of tension in my body when I hurt a lot for a very long time and a weep can release that a little...and partly because when I hurt a lot for a very long time I'd just really really like...it...to...stop (and maybe lie on the sofa and enjoy some TV!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics