Thursday 22 December 2016

Every picture

Um, ho hum...what to share with you today? I give thanks for a good night's sleep after filling the long evening with household chores. For waking to bright sunshine. For walking much further and carrying far more than was in any way a good idea apart from the fact it needed to be done...and it was such a lovely day to do it! For the kindness and patience of people in shops when I struggle.

Oh and a photo. Not in itself very interesting perhaps, but significant as it was taken perched on the doorstep waiting for the cab to arrive...with my camera! Today, for the first time for a long time I felt up to taking it with me on an ordinary excursion to see if I could see if I could focus beyond the challenge of completing the mission and spot something to take a picture of...so I give thanks for that little development.


I give thanks for continuing my quest for gas canisters for my bathroom heater and emergency stove. It'll be lonely this Christmas but I didn't want it to be lonely and cold! All the shops in town I'd tried had sold out and I'd ordered a couple on line a few days ago to be posted to me, which seemed wrong on so many levels... but they'd arrived at the Post Office when I went in so I was very very grateful for that (and of course ordered more when I got home!)

I give thanks for a text message and a bit of an online chat with a couple of folk. For a phone call from someone hoping this was the number for the local forensic mental health facility...which made me laugh and admit it felt like it now and then! For giving up on wrestling with inanimate objects this afternoon and becoming one, being as recuperatively still and quiet as I could manage to be (and for earplugs and headphones to assist me in this task!)

I give thanks for one of my favourite easy peasy tasty teas - roasted peppers and red onions, with rice and hummous. For some reason the flavours and textures work so well...and hardly any work to produce it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics