Friday 16 December 2016

The howl of the dog

I give thanks for an offer to pop out for a quickie last night... and for declining it! Can't remember how many years ago it was I last had a cold but it's not really an enhancement to social interaction...and it would have taken hours to get myself in a sociably acceptable state anyway after slobbing aound all day. I give thanks (perhaps responding to further recuperation time?) the lurgy doesn't seem to be lingering around, as it's been an interesting experience seeing how the other half live, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it you know! I also give thanks that the other sort of lingering around I've been trying to cultivate actually does seem to be helping the sciatica and when I do move it's easier for longer and not so painful for so long afterwards.

I give thanks I accepted Mima's offer of a bit of light chauffeuring today, as though there was a bit too much coughing in the night for enough unbroken sleep and I was tired, some assistance with logistics is always irresistible! Mind you I also gave thanks for my two a.m. kitchen visit turning up cheese and onion potato pie leftovers to snack on. Mmm... Cheese and onion potato pie! I'm so grateful I'm so good at doing without my favourite things, but even more grateful when I get a taste now and then.

I give thanks for finishing packing Bob's Christmas box with bits bought en route to the PO. It's only the token gift part - his main present is yet to come - but I'm sure he'll appreciate unspared effort and ingenuity over expense on the day... I give thanks that due to Mima's help the Post Office where my new TV box was waiting could be used without the meter in a waiting taxi ringing up a horrendous fare as I queued! Also for a trip to Waitrose to stock up on Higgedy pies, Basilica tofu and Quorn Cumberland sausages... my equivalent of a seasonal trip to the butcher I guess, and happy tastebuds just thinking about eating them! For help carying all my bags and packages up the stairs and a cup of tea and a natter afterwards.

I give thanks for human neighbours being more outy than shouty lately, though one of their dogs in the building next door clearly didn't agree. How can something so small make so much noise? Oh well, I give thanks for catching up with some sleep this afternoon nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics