Friday 23 December 2016

Life's a lady dog

I give thanks for some snatches of restful sleep and pleasant dreams (making cushions, playing my guitar) in between the aches in my body and the pains in my brain stopping me. Oh and the nightmares... Blooming 'eck there's some dark stuff in there! I give thanks I was only dreaming I was screaming as I woke up so didn't wake up the whole street as well...

I thought I was meeting Laura today. It had sort of been arranged on Monday but without the details confirmed, and I was so dozy this morning I just stayed in bed, grateful it wasn't arranged for this morning but also wary her message had gone astray and the next I heard she was here! Finally I realised I'd sent my text to the wrong number...and sent it again... and after some further confusion and complication I got to meet up with first Mima and then Laura. I was particularly grateful for their kindness in whisking me away to their homes for tea and sympathy, after some other disappointments left me entering the great home aloneness of the season extra blue. Also for in some small ways being able to be useful in return...

I give thanks for remembering to think kindly of people who seem unkind...they're mostly only being thoughtless and it's the most thoughtful thing you can do in return. Most of most of all though I give thanks for the great kindness of the universe in sending me a being to be warm and close with for a little while. We're responsible for our own happiness in this life but sometimes a helping hand (or paw) is what's required






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics