Saturday 3 December 2016

Even better things

I'm grateful my little almost Christmassy cakes were good, and what was even better was that I worked out how to make them even better next time.

I'm grateful I've been feeling so much stronger physically, able to move around more easily and in less pain...but by 'eck I'd better remember I'm still not over the sciatica or it will remind me most ferociously as it did yesterday evening and at intervals during the night and today. I'm still grateful I'm better than I was a couple of months or even weeks ago of course, but I'll be even more grateful when I'm even better still.

I'm grateful braved the aches to go out for a few essentials. I still need a lift down the hill as well as back but I give thanks for the first few almost sprightly yards when I always think 'Hey, look! Almost normal again!' before everything seizes up once more and I have to head for the nearest seat. I'm grateful I took a seat in a cafe today as there was a cold old wind out there. And I was grateful for receiving a message when I logged into the WiFi there as, despite all the friendly interactions about the place, sometimes it's nice to think someone who actually knows you is saying hello.

I'm grateful for as much horizontalness as my spirit can stand this afternoon...and for the variety of sedentary options I have so I can kid myself I'm changing occupation now and then when really it's just a handful of different sorts of nothing much at all. I'm grateful I'm a very patient patient...and I have faith one day, when I'm even better, I might get to get some better things going on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics