Sunday 11 December 2016

Pulling power

Heavens that universe works fast sometimes - within minutes of suggesting to it that I'd like to go out someone offered to take me. Not in a dressy uppy way, which was fine as I wasn't in the mood for all that, in fact I was so under dressed at the time the offer materialised I had to grab more than my coat to comply.

I give thanks for a warm hand pulling me through the large, brightly lit, rather crowded and noisy room...and for dredging up from my rather limited knowledge local hostelries the fact that there was another bar upstairs. Hundreds of stairs it felt like to my back and bum and leg, but worth it to be free from the pre-Christmas town toga party and to be able to chat to each other rather than shout and gesture...

I give thanks for finding a cosy nook to curl up and listen to the close by sea after closing time...helps if one of you brings along a mobile cosy nook of course so I also give thanks someone did! If I'd realised how far down the hill from home we'd have to park afterwards I might have elected to stay, but though by then it was nightmarishly painful putting one foot in front of another I have to give thanks somehow I did. I give thanks as I was too sore to sleep more than briefly I was mobile enough to go and not sleep on the sofa...

Today I've been giving thanks for successfully turning down the volume on my self nag button, not only not doing more than is absolutely necessary but not squandering time spent not doing stuff thinking about what I'd like to get done. And that by these means I've managed to turn the hurting down enough to grab a nap or two. For quiet neighbours, and big sunshine grabbing windows to fill my flat with warmth even wide open for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics